- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1. Grease an oven tray lightly.
- 2. Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3. Sift flour and baking power into a mixing bowl.
- 4. Add sugar and mix well.
- 5. Add butter to dry ingredients. Keep working it until the butter is finely mixed through.
- 6. Beat the egg slightly and gradually add a little at a time to the flour and butter mixture.
- 7. Add a little milk at a time as needed.
- 8. Keep stirring until the mixture is firm but slightly moist.
- 9. Sprinkle flour on the work bench. Turn mixture out and knead with your hands to make it smooth.
- 10. Cut the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a ball with your hands.
- 11. Place them on the oven tray. Poke a hole in the top of each with a finger, and fill the hole with jam.
- 12. Brush the top with the leftover milk.
- 13. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
To discover more delicious recipes and learn about food from many cultures, try AtoZ World Food in our Web Resources.
Want to make sure you don’t miss any of the great things we’re sharing? Sign up for our new Library Fun at Home Newsletter to stay in touch!