Some tips from the National Safety Council for over the holidays to keep you safe as you decorate:
- – Avoid setting your tree up to close to a fireplace, radiator, or other heat source
- – Plug no more than 3 strings of lights into one extension cord
- – Be sure the lights your using indoors are specifically for this purpose, same for outdoor lights. Inspect old strings of lights for frayed wires, broken lights, etc.
- – Turn off lights on trees and decorations before going to bed or leaving the house
- – During your holiday celebrations be sure to freeze or refrigerate food two hours after cooking