A technical skills upgrade is one effective way to add valuable, attention-grabbing content to an existing resume. LinkedIn Learning and Microsoft are making several technical courses available for free of charge and certifications in selected skills available at a greatly reduced price for many workers.
LinkedIn Learning has identified ten jobs that are in-demand in today’s economy and are positioned to grow in the future. They are making ten LinkedIn Learning Paths aligned with these jobs available for everyone for free in 2021.
The ten role-based learning paths are:
- Software developer – Become a Software Developer
- Sales representative – Become a Sales Representative
- Project manager – Become a Project Manager
- IT administrator – Prepare for CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Customer service specialist – Become a Customer Service Specialist
- Digital marketer – Become a Digital Marketing Specialist
- IT support/help desk – Prepare for the CompTIA A+ Certification
- Data analyst – Become a Data Analyst
- Financial analyst – Become a Financial Analyst
- Graphic designer – Become a Graphic Designer
LinkedIn Learning has also made learning paths focused on helping professionals come up to speed on soft skills.
- Job seeker – Finding a Job During Challenging Economic Times
- Critical soft skills – Master In-Demand Professional Soft Skills
- Digital transformation – Digital Transformation in Practice: Virtual Collaboration Tools (combination of digital fluency and remote work)
- Allyship and inclusive conversations – Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging for All
In addition, Microsoft Learn is offering free and in-depth technical learning content that also supports these roles and job seekers pursuing developer roles can access GitHub Skills to practice their skills.
Industry-recognized Microsoft Certifications are being offered at reduced cost. Exams that normally cost $100 or more will be offered for $15 for individuals who are unemployed or furloughed due to COVID-19. All exams are available in English, Spanish, French, German, and more. See the website for complete Terms and Conditions.