If you’re a homeschooling family in our community, the Mount Prospect Public Library is here to help! Our Youth Department offers a variety of resources, materials, and events that are tailored to meet your needs. If you’re interested in learning more about these programs and events, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We’re always happy to help!
The bookbag service allows Mount Prospect homeschoolers to supplement their curricula with materials from the Library. With three days advance notice, Youth Services staff will select materials related to your topic, including books and audiovisual materials. Items will be checked out to your Library card for three weeks and are renewable. There is a limit of one bookbag at a time.
In-house computers offering word processing, Internet access, online reference tools, and more are available throughout the Library. Wireless network access and printing are also available for patrons to connect to the Internet, using personal laptops or tablets.
- Early Reader Backpacks
- e-Books and Media
- Homework Help
- Kids’ Books-to-go!
- Parent/Teacher Collection
- STEAM Kits
- Upcoming Events
- Weekly Storytimes: The storytime experience can be a rich, rewarding one for your child. Research has shown that children who are read to from an early age are more prepared to learn to read. Storytimes will feature early literacy information and tips for you to help your child get ready to read through five simple practices: Talking, Singing, Reading, Writing and Playing.
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
- A to Z Home’s Cool Homeschooling Website
- Chicagoland Homeschool Network
- Home EDucator’s Resource Directory
- Homeschooling Guide
- Homeschooling Resources in the Chicagoland Suburbs
- HSLDA: Homeschool Legal Defense Association
- Illinois Christian Home Educators
- Illinois H.O.U.S.E. (Home Oriented Unique Schooling Experience)
- Illinois State Board of Education: Home Schooling
- The Genius of Play