We welcome you to the library! Before arriving, there are a few things to keep in mind because the COVID-19 pandemic is an ongoing public health concern in our community.
Health guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 spreads easily person-to-person, including by infected individuals without symptoms. People with COVID-19 report a wide range of symptoms and illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. By visiting the Mount Prospect Public Library, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, the CDC also recommends wearing a mask indoors in public when in an area of substantial or high transmission rates.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT
We welcome patrons to the Main Library and South Branch during posted hours. Please follow all posted instructions and information from staff.
- Face coverings: All patrons ages 2 and older and staff are required to wear a face coverings over nose and mouth while inside the library, regardless of vaccination status. If you forget yours or need a new one, we will give you one to use and keep.
- Capacity limits. There are no capacity limits at this time.
- Respect safe distancing. We ask patrons to “Be Kind, Give Space.”
- We encourage patrons to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer frequently. Hand sanitizer is available for your convenience throughout the building.
What You Can Enjoy at the Library
- Check out books, DVDs, and other materials.
- Pick up holds or use contactless Parking Lot Pickup.
- In-person book recommendations, searches, and suggestions.
- In-person help from our expert staff on all sorts of topics and needs. You may also email or call.
- Study Rooms, limited by reservation and capacity.
- Teen Space.
- Outdoor programming.
- Public seating.
- In-person reference.
- Public computers.
- WiFi, no password required. Also available outside of the building.
Main Library Hours
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m.-6 p.m.
South Branch Hours
- Monday-Friday: 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Friday Before the Second Saturday of the Month: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Second Saturday of the Month: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
We welcome you to call ahead with questions: 847-253-5675 (Main Library); 847-590-4090 (South Branch). Please see the website and social media for any closures or library updates.
CONTACTLESS SERVICES & RESOURCES
Contactless Library Services
For book selections and recommendations
Find information, get answers to all sorts of questions: Reference@mppl.org.
Kids Activities, Storytime Bundles
Reserve Storytime Bundles, crafts-to-go, and kid activities! Stop by the Youth Services area or email KidsRead@mppl.org in advance.
WATCH FOR UPDATES
Our services may change at any time. We are actively monitoring conditions for the health and safety of our patrons and staff, and we will adjust accordingly. The library’s actions are guided by available science and information from public health and infectious disease experts, Executive Orders from the Office of Governor Pritzker, and the American Library Association. The safety of our patrons and staff is our highest priority.