WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT
We welcome patrons to the Main Library and South Branch during posted hours. Please follow all posted instructions and information from staff.
- Face coverings: There is no mask mandate at this time. However, if you would like to wear one and you forget yours or need a new one, we will give you one to use and keep.
- Respect safe distancing. We ask patrons to “Be Kind, Give Space.”
- We encourage patrons to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer frequently. Hand sanitizer is available for your convenience throughout the building.
What You Can Enjoy at the Library
- Check out books, DVDs, and other materials.
- Pick up holds, use new 24/7 Hold Lockers, or use contactless Parking Lot Pickup.
- In-person book recommendations, searches, and suggestions.
- In-person help from our expert staff on all sorts of topics and needs. You may also email or call.
- Study Rooms, limited by reservation and capacity.
- Teen Space.
- Outdoor programming.
- Public seating.
- In-person reference.
- Public computers at the Main Library and South Branch.
- WiFi, no password required. Also available outside of the building.
Main Library Hours
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
South Branch Hours
- Monday-Friday: 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Closed on Sunday
CONTACTLESS SERVICES & RESOURCES
Contactless Library Services
For book selections and recommendations
Find information, get answers to all sorts of questions: Reference@mppl.org.
Kids Activities, Storytime Bundles
Reserve Storytime Bundles, crafts-to-go, and kid activities! Stop by the Youth Services area or email email@example.com in advance.
WATCH FOR UPDATES
Our services may change at any time. We are actively monitoring conditions for the health and safety of our patrons and staff, and we will adjust accordingly. The library’s actions are guided by available science and information from public health and infectious disease experts, Executive Orders from the Office of Governor Pritzker, and the American Library Association. The safety of our patrons and staff is our highest priority.