Parking Lot Pickup
HOW TO PICKUP HOLDS AND PRINTOUTS
Mount Prospect Public Library offers contactless pickup for material holds and printouts at the Main Library and South Branch.
For everyone’s safety, a limited number of staff are in our building, so services may take longer than usual. Thank you for your patience!
- When filling out your hold request you need your MPPL library card and PIN number.
- Choose the pickup location: “Main Library” or “South Branch.” from the drop-down menu.
- The pickup limit is 25 items per day.
- When your holds are ready, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions to arrange a pickup day.
Please call 847-253-5675 if you need help placing holds or using the MPPL Mobile app.
We anticipate high call volumes during this time; you may experience longer than average wait times when contacting us by phone. Thank you for your patience.
ARRANGE PICKUP DAY
After you have received notification that your materials are ready, you can self-schedule your pickup day. Or you can contact Circulation by email email@example.com or call 847-590-3624; call 847-590-4090 for South Branch.
- Be prepared to provide your name and library card number.
- Main Library Parking Lot Pickup days:
- Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
- South Branch Parking Lot Pickup days: Monday-Friday 12-5 p.m.
- Weekday and weekend hours and pickup availability subject to change.
MPPL cardholders can request up to 20 pages printed from the internet, library resources, or your emailed files. Simply text, chat, email, or call the Main Library or South Branch. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Library staff will print your documents and alert you when your prints are available to arrange a pickup day.
PARK + CALL TO PICKUP
After you have a confirmed day and time to pick up your holds or printouts, come to the Main Library and drive to the parking garage entrance underneath the library. Do not use the main entrance of the Main Library. To enter the parking garage: https://mppl.org/about-us/parking/.
- At South Branch, please park in the spaces marked “15 minute parking.”
Park in any of the designated “Parking Lot Pickup” spots that are marked with numbers and signs. There may be a queue.
Stay in your car. Once you arrive in your spot, please open your trunk.
You may exit your car to open your trunk before staff arrive. Please watch for other people and practice safe distancing.
Call the Parking Lot Pickup Line 847-590-3632 with your NAME and your PARKING SPOT NUMBER
- South Branch Only: Call 847-590-4090
Be prepared to confirm your library card number.
Please stay in your car. Library staff will bring items to you and will place in the trunk of your car. Please remember that staff cannot accept returns. Please use the outdoor book drops, which are open 24/7.
You do not need a vehicle or cell phone to use our services, but we do ask that everyone follow the Illinois Department of Public Health and use good social distancing practices, including wearing a face covering. You may schedule a walk-up time and stand in the marked walk-up area across from the parking lot lobby doors to receive your holds. When you arrive, call 847-590-3632. (At South Branch, call 847-590-4090). If you do not have a cell phone, there is a doorbell on a small table in the walk-up area. Please press it and staff will come down to assist you. You may also arrange assistance in advance.
- Staff will bring materials, place them on the curb for pickup, and step away. We ask that you wait for staff to step away before collecting your items.
Please note that these services may change at any time. We are actively monitoring conditions for the health and safety of our patrons and staff, and we will adjust accordingly. The library’s actions are guided by available science and information from health and infectious disease experts, Executive Orders from the Office of Governor Pritzker, and the American Library Association. The safety of our patrons and staff is our highest priority.