Welcome to MPPL’s Dial-a-Story! We’re here to read to you, wherever and whenever with Dial-a-Story. Call 847-232-8600 to listen to stories, jokes, songs, and more. Some items are read by your librarians, and some by other great narrators, but all have been carefully selected by library staff. Play a free pre-recorded story right from your phone, 24/7. Just call 847-232-8600 and follow the prompts to select the number of what you’d like to hear.
Our menu selections vary and change monthly, so we have created this go-to Web page for you to see what is playing during a specific month.
At the end of each selection, you will automatically be redirected to the main menu. However, if you don’t want to wait, you can press # to go to the main menu.
May 2021 Selections:
Links in this list show print, audiovisual, and electronic materials in the Mount Prospect Public Library’s collection with the same title that are available for check-out.
- Press 1 to listen to the poem, My Bed is a Boat by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Press 2 to listen to the story, The Wonderful Tea Kettle by William Elliott Griffiths
- Press 3 to listen to the story, The Lion and the Mouse by Aesop.
- Press 4 to listen to the story, The Turtle by Leo Tolstoy
- Press 5 to listen to the story, Cinderella/La Cenicienta by Charles Perrault. This story is told in Spanish.
- Press 6 to listen to facts about holidays and important celebrations in May read by Miss Claire
- Press 7 to listen to learn about Edward Lear and listen to limericks read by Mrs. Capra. May 12 is the writer, Edward Lear’s birthday and is also National Limerick Day.
- Press 8 to listen to the book review, Drawn Together by Minh Le, read by Miss Amy M. This booktalk is in honor of Asian American and Pacific Islanders Heritage Month.
- Press 9 to listen to the book review, Paper Son: The Inspiring Story of Tyrus Wong, Immigrant and Artist by Julie Leung, read by Miss Becca. This booktalk is in honor of Asian American and Pacific Islanders Heritage Month.
- Press 10 to listen to the book review, My First Day by Phùng Nguyên and Huỳnh Kim Liên. This booktalk is in honor of Asian American and Pacific Islanders Heritage Month.