The Unbelievable Chocolate Raffle ended on a sweet note for ten area residents who won specialty baskets and items featured in the annual event. Sponsored by the Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation, the raffle began on Wednesday, February 1 and concluded with the drawing in the lobby of the Library on Sunday, February 12. The baskets were all chocolate-themed and included a bounty of delicious treats along with gift certificates to area businesses and restaurants.
Thank you to all the organizations, businesses, volunteers and individuals who generously supported the event, and congratulations to all the winners!
The winners in the Unbelievable Chocolate Raffle are:
- TJ’s Chocolate Treasurers – Sue L., Mount Prospect
- Sweet Tooth– Penny R., Mount Prospect
- Guilt Free Riches – Jeanne F., Mount Prospect
- Cupid’s Delight – Heidi D., Mount Prospect
- Sweet Chocolate Indulgence – Lori L., Mount Prospect
- Lights Camera Chocolate! – Natalia A., Park Ridge
- Sweets & DIY Treats – Kathy S., Mount Prospect
- Celebrate 100! – Sue M., Mount Prospect
- GRAND PRIZE BASKET: GO CUBS GO! – Alyssa G., Mount Prospect
- Amore/South Branch – Martha H., Mount Prospect
Join us for a cup of coffee and a lively round of current events on Friday evenings throughout the year. Sponsored by MPPLF, these informal gatherings, known as Coffee & Conversation, provide an open, nonpartisan forum for community members to share their views. The discussions are moderated and strive to encourage a greater understanding of diverse viewpoints. Upcoming Coffee & Conversation discussions will be held on February 17 and March 17 beginning at 7:30 p.m. No registration is necessary; just drop in.
Thanks to your generous support the MPPL Foundation proudly sponsors a wide array of cultural and educational programs each year. Our free-of-charge programs reach children, teens, and adults and strive to entertain, educate, and enlighten. To enjoy a sampling of programs sponsored by the Foundation, follow the links below to Library Life.
||Click here to view South Branch Concert (Jacochicanos)
||Click here to view The Shakespeare Project Interview
Recycle your used electronics! It’s easy thanks to an ongoing program with Recycling Fundraiser and the MPPL Foundation.
Bring any of the following items to the Library and drop them in the bright pink collection bin near the Registration Desk:
- Cell phones – no chargers or accessories
- Ink-jet cartridges – small enough to fit in the palm of your hand (no toner)
- Apple iPads and Tablets
- Apple iPods
Since 2007, monies earned from Recycling Fundraiser have helped to support the Foundation in its ongoing mission of funding special events and other services at the Library.