Meeting and Study Rooms
Meeting rooms of various sizes are available for public use. Rooms are available Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m., Saturday 10: a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and Sunday 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Meeting rooms are scheduled in the following priority:
- 1. Library initiated programs
- 2. Friends of the Mount Prospect Public Library and the Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation
- 3. Not-for-profit organizations based in Mount Prospect and local government agencies
- 4. Businesses based in Mount Prospect that do not have sufficient meeting room space at their Mount Prospect facility
Before scheduling a meeting room, read the full meeting room policy.
Study and Small Conference Rooms
The Library provides study rooms for an individual, student group study, or adult group project/work. Study rooms can be reserved in advance in two-hour blocks by Mount Prospect residents, and nonresidents who work in Mount Prospect businesses, schools, or government. ID will be requested for verification. Room availability for nonresidents is on a walk-in basis. Patrons may reserve a room at the Registration, Youth, or Reference Desks, or by calling 847-253-5675.
New study rooms on the second floor include:
- 5 rooms that will accommodate up to 6 people.
- 3 smaller study rooms that will accommodate 1-3 people.
- 1 conference room with a screen that can accommodate up to 15 people. An HDMI cable is available for use in this room.
- The Foundation Room, equipped with a WIN7 computer with large screen (50”) monitor and webcam. The table includes built-in table-top power and monitor (HDMI) connections for patron devices. Use of this room is restricted to patrons 18 and older and can accommodate up to 10 people.
Before planning your study session, read the full Study and Conference Rooms.