Meeting and Study Rooms
Meeting rooms of various sizes are available for public use. Rooms are available Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m., Saturday 10: a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and Sunday 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Meeting rooms are scheduled in the following priority:
- 1. Library initiated programs
- 2. Friends of the Mount Prospect Public Library and the Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation
- 3. Not-for-profit organizations based in Mount Prospect and local government agencies
- 4. Businesses based in Mount Prospect that do not have sufficient meeting room space at their Mount Prospect facility
Before scheduling a meeting room, read the full meeting room policy.
Study and Small Conference Rooms
The Library provides study rooms for an individual, student group study, or adult group project/work. Study rooms can be reserved in advance in two-hour blocks by Mount Prospect residents, and nonresidents who work in Mount Prospect businesses, schools, or government. ID will be requested for verification. Room availability for nonresidents is on a walk-in basis. Patrons may reserve a room at the Registration, Youth, or Reference Desks, or by calling 847-253-5675.
New study rooms on the second floor include:
- 5 rooms that will accommodate up to 6 people.
- 3 smaller study rooms that will accommodate 1-3 people.
- 1 conference room with a screen that can accommodate up to 15 people. An HDMI cable is available for use in this room.
Before planning your study session, read the full Study and Conference Rooms.