The Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation (MPPLF) inspires growth and learning that enriches the community through culture and education. As a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, separate from the Library, our primary purpose is to provide funding for special programs and projects otherwise unattainable with tax dollars.
Donate to the Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation
Giving to Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation has never been easier! Click on the Donate button to support MPPLF with a credit card donation.
Highlights of Foundation Activities
Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation Concert: The Irish Heritage Singers
The vision of the Irish Heritage Singers is to preserve, perform, and bring to life the cultural heritage of Irish music. The Singers perform traditional Irish and Irish-American music as well as songs by contemporary Irish choral composers at 7:30 Tuesday, March 11. Under the direction of Paul Matijevic, the group has appeared at the Irish American Heritage Festival, Celtic Fest Chicago, Milwaukee Irish Fest, Long Grove Irish Fest, Chicago’s Cultural Center, and at the Sligo International Choral Festival in Sligo, Ireland. Registration is required.
Winners Announced in the Unbelievable Chocolate Raffle
The Unbelievable Chocolate Raffle ended on a sweet note for thirteen area residents who won specialty baskets and items featured in the annual event. Sponsored by the MPPL Foundation, the event began on Wednesday, January 29 and concluded with the drawing in the lobby of the Library on Thursday, February 13.
The baskets were all chocolate-themed and included a bounty of delicious treats along with gift certificates to area businesses and restaurants. Pictured here is a young visitor to the Library assisting Library staff and Foundation members with the drawing.
The winners in the Unbelievable Chocolate Raffle are:
- Chocolate Carnival – Laura Lockwood, Mount Prospect
- Lights, Camera, Chocolate!- Eleanor Slesicki, Mount Prospect
- Dark, Decadent and Devine – Colleen Hatch, Des Plaines
- Special Occasion – Mary Lange, Mount Prospect
- No Sugar Added! – Judy Clutters, Mount Prospect
- Sweet Dreams… - Chuck Casselo Jr., Mount Prospect
- TJ’s Temptations – Shane Mitan, Arlington Heights
- Fountain of Youth – Ashley Wenson, Mount Prospect
- Breakfast Bounty! – Sann Knipple, Mount Prospect
- Homerun Chocolate – Ben Schenkenfelder, Mount Prospect
- Toffee Break – Robert Reiser, Des Plaines
- Laughter (and Chocolate) is the Best Medicine – Burt Schultz, Mount Prospect
- Amore/South Branch - Julie Kane, Elk Grove Village
Thank you to all the organizations, businesses, volunteers and individuals who generously supported the event, and congratulations to all the winners!
Music & So Much More
Thanks to your generous support the MPPL Foundation proudly sponsors a wide array of cultural and educational programs each year. Our free-of-charge programs reach children, teens, and adults and strive to entertain, educate, and enlighten. To enjoy a sampling of programs sponsored by the Foundation, follow the links below to Library Life.
||Click here to view MPPL Foundation Presents: An Irish Concert
||Click here to view Chinese Folk and Classical Dance
Going Green Helps Us Earn Green!
Recycle your used electronics! It’s easy thanks to an ongoing program with Recycling Fundraiser and the MPPL Foundation.
Bring any of the following items to the Library and drop them in the bright pink collection bin near the Registration Desk:
- Cell phones – no chargers or accessories
- Laptop computers only
- Ink-jet cartridges – small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. No toner.
- Apple iPods
- Digital cameras
- Digital video camcorders
- Handheld game systems – Sony PSP handheld and Nintendo’s DSI, DS lite, DS original, Gameboy Advance, or Gameboy Color
- MP3 Players – Microsoft Zune, Sandisk or Creative only
- GPS devices – Garmin, Mio, Magellan, and TomTom only
- Radar detectors – Escort, Beltronics, and Cobra only
- E-Book reader – Kindle, Sony, and Verizon iRex only
Since 2007, monies earned from Recycling Fundraiser have helped to support the Foundation in its ongoing mission of funding special events and other services at the Library.
“Our goal is clear – to continue to build a healthy Endowment Fund that will help our Library remain vital to the community today and well into the future.”
Suzanne Busse, MPPLF President
The Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit corporation organized and existing under the Illinois General Not-For-Profit Corporation Act exclusively for charitable, literary and educational purposes. Contributions to the Foundation are deductible under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
2013-2014 Board of Directors:
- President — Suzanne Busse
- Vice President — Burt Schultz
- Secretary/Treasurer — Lillian Gerlach
- Rose Allen
- Jacqueline Hinaber
- Laura Luteri
- Katy Rossi
- Bill Walters
Want to make a difference in your community? Consider volunteering for the Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation. Your support for MPPLF allows the Library to continue to provide exciting programs and services not possible through public funding. For more information about MPPLF, please contact the Library at 847/253-5675 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.