We have improved our wireless service. You should notice quicker loading and a more reliable signal. You may see two MPPL WIFI signals (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) – choose the one that works best for your device. Ask at a public service desk if you have questions about using our WiFi service.
MPPL’s high-speed wireless access (WiFi) computer network allows patrons to surf the Web, check e-mail, and browse the Library’s online catalog using their own wireless device.
Patron devices should be wireless enabled and be 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n compatible in order to use the service. The device should be set to use “Automatic DHCP.”
MPPL Wireless users
- Are responsible for configuring the wireless equipment connecting to the Library’s wireless network.
- Are responsible for the security of their own equipment. The Library does not provide antivirus protection.
- Must agree to comply with the Library’s WiFi Guidelines and Internet policy.
- Understand that the Library’s Internet access is filtered.
- May print through our wireless network.
- Email your documents to email@example.com to have them printed in Black and White; for Color, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can print from your laptop computer or from a mobile device such as a tablet or smartphone. Black and white prints are $.10 per page and color prints are $.25 per page. To print, you must use a copy card.
- The Library does not provide software or hardware support.
- Wireless access is available during Library hours and will shut down five minutes prior to closing.