MPPL’s high-speed wireless access (WiFi) computer network allows patrons to surf the Web, check e-mail, and browse the Library’s online catalog using their own wireless device.
Patron devices should be wireless enabled and be 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n compatible in order to use the service. The device should be set to use “Automatic DHCP.”
MPPL Wireless users
- Are responsible for configuring the wireless equipment connecting to the Library’s wireless network.
- Are responsible for the security of their own equipment. The Library does not provide antivirus protection.
- Must agree to comply with Library’s Internet policy.
- Understand that the Library’s Internet access is filtered.
- May print through our wireless network.
- The Library does not provide software or hardware support.
- Wireless access is available during Library hours and will shut down five minutes prior to closing.