Library Life February 2020
This episode of Library Life includes:
- A 30-year anniversary history of the Friends of the Library Book Discussion
- An interview with orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Chadwick Prodromos, about stem cell treatments and other regenerative medicine, and his Library event, Stem Cell Treatment for Arthritis and Orthopedic Injuries.
- A peek at the MAD Scientists Club youth program with the theme of Dream, Design, Create, where kids in 3rd through 5th grade are given the opportunity to brainstorm, invent things, and develop problem solving skills.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations are true crime and adventure gems: The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk Wallace Johnson; The Library Book by Susan Orlean; The Dinosaur Artist: Obsession, Betrayal, and the Quest for Earth’s Ultimate Trophy by Paige Williams; I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara; The Lost City of the Monkey God by Douglas Preston; and Blood River: A Journey to Africa’s Broken Heart by Tim Butcher.
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations follow suit with unusual adventure stories: The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell; West of the Moon by Margi Preus; This Was Our Pact by Ryan Andrews; Queen of the Sea by Dylan Meconis; The House with Chicken Legs by Sophie Anderson; Maximillian Fly by Angie Sage.
- Super Saturday: Super Snowy Puppet & Magic Show.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite type of book, and why?