Library Life July 2019
This episode of Library Life includes:
- A backstage pass to annual event, Jammin’ in the Stacks, with the Brother John Kattke Trio.
- An interview with Vietnam veteran and author Dennis Depcik about writing letters with his wife during the Vietnam War, his book, and his upcoming Library program Letters from the Heart. This program will be held Tuesday, August 6th at 1:30 p.m.
- A trip back in time with Chicago author and Vietnam vet Michael Duffy during his program A Chicago Man & the Vietnam War, and details from his book, From Chicago to Vietnam: A Memoir of War.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations are stories that take place in the 20th century: November Road by Lou Berney; The Kennedy Connection by R.G. Belsky; 11/22/63 by Stephen King; The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver; World Gone By by Dennis Lehane; and Thelma & Louis (DVD.)
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations center on refugees: The Day War Came by Nicola Davies; Stormy Seas: Stories of Young Boat Refugees by Mary Beth Leatherdale and Eleanor Shakespeare; A Refugee’s Journey from Syria by Helen Mason; Golden Game by David Starr; Strange Boarders by Jake Maddox; and Zenobia by Morten Dürr.
- Super Saturday: Barefoot Hawaiian Family Show.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite type of summer vacation, and why?