Library Life May 2019
This episode of Library Life includes:
- An inside look at this year’s upcoming Summer Reading Program, It’s Showtime at Your Library!, and information about Adult, Teen, and Youth program steps and prizes. The Summer Reading Program runs June 1 – July 31.
- An interview with lawyer Trisha Chokshi from local business, Chokshi Filippone Law, LLC, on new monthly program series Lawyers at the Library: Your Legal Help Desk. This program offers free legal advice during private 30-minute appointments on the last Wednesday of each month.
- Highlights from National Library Week’s annual Trivia Night.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations showcase superhero fiction: Texas Hold’Em: A Wild Cards Novel by George R.R. Martin; Wild Cards, Volume One by George R.R. Martin; Inside Straight: A Wild Cards Novel by George R.R. Martin; Invincible, Compendium One by Robert Kirkman; Runaways: The Complete Collection, Volume One by Brian K. Vaughan; and Heroes, Season 1 (DVD).
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations feature 2020 nominees for the Rebecca Caudill Young Readers’ Book Award: Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty; The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani; All’s Faire in Middle School by Victoria Jamieson; The Stars Beneath Our Feet by David Barclay Moore; As Brave As You by Jason Reynolds; and The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Pérez.
- Super Saturday: Hogan Irish Dancers
- Patron Interview: What Library resources do you utilize most, and why?