Library Life March 2019
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Highlights, delights, and commentary from MPPL’s first ever FanFest event.
- A discussion with physical therapist and founder of Stay Fit Physical Therapy & Core Wellness, Inc., Diana Sahakian, about fall prevention (regardless of age), balancing, core strengthening, and more. Her upcoming Library program, “Don’t Fall! Test Your Strength & Balance” is on April 25th.
- An inside look at teen program Friday Funday: Decorative Magnets, run by teen services librarian, Abigail Weaver, in which teens learn how to make their own decorative magnets.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations revolve around themes of satirical horror: Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero; John Dies @ the End by David Wong; A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore; Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Graham Smith; Gil’s All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez; and Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations are stories of mythological fiction: Loki’s Wolves by K.L Armstrong and M.A. Marr; Charlie Hernandez & the League of Shadows by Ryan Calejo; Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi; Momotaro: Xander and the Lost Island of Monsters by Margaret Dilloway; Seven Wonders: The Colossus Rises by Peter Lerangis; and The Serpent’s Secret by Sayantani Dasgupta.
- Principals Read @ MPPL, featuring local elementary school principals.
- Patron Interview: Who is your favorite book, movie, or comic strip character, and why?