Library Life: December 2018
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Concert coverage of a performance by acoustic Beatles tribute band, Kaleidoscope Eyes, featuring interviews from band members.
- An interview with nutrition expert Joan Davis on her upcoming program Fake News: Nutrition Edition.
- Highlights from the latest Annual Cultural Series program on Egypt, Cleopatra: The Last Pharaoh of Egypt with educational entertainer Martina Mathisen.
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations focus on authors who live in Chicagoland: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown; The Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School by Candace Fleming; Stick Dog by Tom Watson; Unschooled by Allan Woodrow; Hold Fast by Blue Balliett; and Grump: The (Fairly) True Tale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves by Liesl Shurtliff.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations this month feature both books and DVDs about the AIDS crisis: The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai; How to Survive a Plague: The Inside Story of How Citizens and Science Tamed AIDS by David France; Ryan White: My Own Story by Ryan White and Ann Marie Cunningham; My Brother by Jamaica Kincaid; Angels In America DVD; and The Hours DVD.
- Super Saturday: Macaroni Soup! youth concert.
- Patron Interview: Who is your favorite historical figure and why?