Library Life: October 2018
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Highlights from MPPL’s 75th Anniversary Open House, including the presentation of the Founders’ Award.
- An interview with biochemist and forensic detective, Dr. Hal Tinberg, about his upcoming program, Forensic Detectives: Identifying America’s Fallen Heroes.
- Birds of Prey event with Forest Preserves of Cook County Naturalist, Ryan DePauw.
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations includes some awesome graphic novels: Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke; Oddly Normal by Otis Frampton; Dream Jumper: Nightmare Escape by Greg Grunberg and Lucas Turnbloom; Baba Yaga’s Assistant by Marika McCoola; Scarlett Hart: Monster Hunter by Marcus Sedgwick and Thomas Taylor; and Cardboard by Doug TenNapel.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations explore genealogy: Kinship: It’s All Relative by Jackie Smith Arnold; Organizing Your Family History Search by Sharon DeBartolo Carmack; Crash Course in Genealogy by David R. Dowell; Finding Your Roots by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.; Ancestors & Relatives: Genealogy, Identity, & Community by Eviatar Zerubavel; and It’s All Relative: Adventures Up and Down the World’s Family Tree by A.J. Jacobs.
- 12th Annual Sister Cities Family French Festival.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite MPPL memory, and why?