Library Life: May 2018
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Reading Takes You Everywhere Summer Reading Program details from Adult, Teen, and Youth Services departments.
- An interview with musical biographer Susan Benjamin, about her June 28, program Julie Andrews: Dauntless Diva.
- Behind the scenes fun during the teen program Operation: CODEBREAK.
- Adult Services Best Book Recommendation: Seven Days of Us, by Francesca Hornak. Other books featuring delightfully dysfunctional families: The Vacationers, by Emma Straub; The Red House, by Mark Haddon; The Nest, by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney; This is Where I Leave You, by Jonathan Trooper; and The Wangs vs. The World, by Jade Chang.
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations include around the world in chapter books: Anna Hibiscus, by Atinuke; Rafi and Rosi, by Lulu Delacre; Haggis and Tank Unleashed: All Paws on Deck, by Jessica Young; Coyote Tales, by Thomas King; and Stinkbomb and Ketchup-Face and the Badness of Badges, by John Dougherty. Best book pick within this theme: Alvin Ho: Allergic to the Great Wall, the Forbidden Palace, and Other Tourist Attractions by Lenore Look.
- A world of sunshine and smiles during Super Saturday: Dr. Gesundheit Clown Therapy Show.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite summer destination and why?