Library Life: November 2017
This episode of Library Life includes:
- A front row seat to the Parisian cabaret concert Festival Night: Your Passport to Paris.
- An interview with President and Co-owner of Busse’s Flowers & Gifts Inc. Paul Siels, demonstrating steps to Create a Holiday Centerpiece.
- Excerpts from Books on the Chopping Block in honor of Banned Books Week.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations include books highlighting the works of Nelson Algren: The Man With the Golden Arm; The Neon Wilderness; Chicago: City on the Make; A Walk on the Wild Side; and Nonconformity: Writing on Writing. Best Book Pick within this theme: Algren: A Life, by Mary Wisniewski.
- Youth Services Best Book Recommendations: Making it Right: Building Peace, Settling Conflict, by Marilee Peters. Other books featuring real life kid heroes: The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, by William Kamkwamba; Malala: A Brave Girl from Pakistan, by Jeanette Winter; The Snowshoeing Adventure of Milton Dhub, Blizzard Trecker, by Margaret K. Watterer; Gabe & Izzy: Standing up For America’s Bullied, by Gabrielle Ford; and Through My Eyes, by Ruby Bridges.
- A preview of the annual seasonal performance by Prospect High School Madrigals.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite holiday tradition and why?