Library Life: May 2017
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Reading by Design Summer Reading Program details from Adult, Teen, and Youth Services departments.
- An interview with Madame President: The Secret Presidency of Edith Wilson author, William Hazelgrove.
- Tasty: The Fascinating Science of Flavor.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations include books featuring Reality TV and Celebrity Gossip: All My Life, by Susan Lucci; The Widow’s Guide to Sex and Dating, by Carole Radziwill; Kathy Griffin’s Celebrity Run-Ins: My A-Z Index, by Kathy Griffin; Man Up!: Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence, by Ross Mathews; and Love, Loss, and What We Ate, by Padma Lakshmi. Best Book Pick within this theme: Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture, by Andy Cohen.
- Youth Services Best Book Recommendations: Wet Cement: A Mix of Concrete Poems, by Bob Raczka. Other books of poetry: Hi, Koo!, by Jon Muth; Bug Off! Creepy, Crawly Poems, by Jane Yolen; All the World, by Liz Garton Scanlon and Marla Frazee; We Are Americans, by Walter Dean Meyer and Christopher Meyer; and Shrunken Treasures, by Scott Nash.
- National Library Week: Trivia Contest.
- Patron Interview: Which American first lady do you admire most and why?