Library Life: April 2017
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Leslie Goddard program The Greatest Female Athlete: Babe Didrikson Zaharias.
- An interview with Climate Reality Leader & Renewable Energy Specialist, Lisa Albrect.
- TAB: Teen Advisory Board
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations include books featuring Nature: How I Killed Pluto, by Mike Brown; What Stands in a Storm, by Kim Cross; Wicked Plants, by Amy Stewart; Water, by Markus Eisl, Gerald Mansberger, and Paul Schreilechner; and Lab Girl, by Hope Jahren. Best Book Pick within this theme: The Invention of Nature, by Andrea Wulf.
- Youth Services Best Book Recommendations: The Great Pet Escape, by Victoria Jamieson. Other graphic novels with animals include: The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan, by Maxwell Eaton III; Bird & Squirrel On the Run, by James Burks; Hippopotamister, by John Green; Mr. Pants: Slacks, Camera, Action!, by Scott McCormick; and Apocalypse Bow Wow, by James Proimos III.
- Super Saturday: Wendy & DB Music Show.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite aspect of spring and why?