Library Life: October 2014
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Highlights from the Library Art Tour, a showcase of the public art collection inside and outside the Library.
- An interview with Chiropractic Acupuncturist Dr. Lauren Keller, about the October 29 program, Discover the Chinese Healing Art of Acupuncture.
- An Evening With Leslie Stella: a visit with Chicago Author Leslie Stella, who discussed her 2014 Suburban Mosaic Teen Selection Novel, Permanent Record.
- Staff Best Book Recommendation: The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison. Other thriller books include: Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn; The Husband’s Secret, by Liane Moriarty; You Should Have Known, by Jean Hanff Korelitz; Until It’s Over, by Nicci French; and The Breaker by Minette Walters.
- Youth Book Recommendations include Mysterious Circumstances: The Magician’s Elephant, by Kate DiCamillo; The Clockwork Three, by Matthew J. Kirby; Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy, by Karen Foxlee; The Thickety, by J.A. White; Tuck Everlasting, by Natalie Babbitt; Drizzle, by Kathleen Van Cleve; and Best Book Pick, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
- Selections from the family program Super Saturday: The Fabulous Fable Factory where children were delighted with a musical performance of 6 popular Aesop’s Fables by the Chicago Theater Company, American Eagle Productions.
- Patron Interview: Who is your favorite author and why?