Library Life: August 2014
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Highlights from the Sister Cities French Festival as young children and their families celebrate the ongoing relationship between Mount Prospect and Sèvres, France.
- An interview with Suzanne Busse, President of the Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation, about the volunteer-run, nonprofit organization that supports the library by providing special funding for programs and special projects.
- Drawing 101 For Teens: a 6-session program where teens learn different sketching techniques from Teen Services Librarian, Coleen Seisser.
- Staff Best Book Recommendation: The De-Textbook by Cracked.com. Other books featuring loads of facts include: Contrary to Popular Belief, by Joey Green; 50 Popular Beliefs That People Think Are True, by Guy P. Harrison; Take Me To Your Leader, by Ian Harrison; Because I Said So, by Ken Jennings; and 1,000 Common Delusions by Cynthia Poppelmann.
- Youth Book Recommendations include Illustrated Memoirs From Asia: Dancing to Freedom, by Li Cunxin; Manjiro, by Emily McCully; Drawing From Memory, by Allen Say; The House Baba Built, by Ed Young; Red Land Yellow River, by Angie Zhang; and Best Book Pick, Little White Duck by Na Liu.
- Selections from the interactive program of Puppet Making held at the South Branch where children learn to work with their hands and master the art of puppet making using Library-provided recycled materials.
- Patron Interview: What types of creative projects do you enjoy and why?