Library Life August 2019
This episode of Library Life includes:
- A U.S. history lesson in the form of The History of Country Music with musician and entertainer, Steve Justman.
- An interview with MPPL South Branch Manager, Maria Garstecki about the Library’s South Branch at the Community Connections Center and the 10th Anniversary of the South Branch.
- A behind-the-scenes featurette on recent 2-session program for teens, Filmmaker Boot Camp, where teens at MPPL learned the art of script writing, filming, and more.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations include sea-themed and demonic horror stories: Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant; MEG: A Novel of Deep Terror by Steve Alten; A Darkling Sea by James L. Cambias; The Deep by Nick Cutter; The Descent by Jeff Long; and A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay.
- Youth Services Staff Recommendations feature middle school scary stories: Thornhill by Pam Smy; The Girl in the Locked Room by Mary Downing Hahn; A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano; The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand; The Nest by Kenneth Oppel; and Small Spaces by Katherine Arden.
- Polish Children’s Day celebration.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite movie genre, and why?