Library Life: July 2017
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation concert: Encore! Carry On.
- An interview with radio historian Steve Darnall about his program, Radio Nation: A Beginner’s Guide to the Golden Age of Radio.
- Public Art Tour with Art Committee member Paula Zoern-Loga.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations include books that promote the idea that Less is More: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondo; It’s All Too Much, by Peter Walsh; Unstuffed: Decluttering Your Home, Mind and Soul, by Ruth Soukup; Simplify Your Space, by Marcia Ramsland; and Keep This Toss That, by Jamie Novak. Best Book Pick within this theme: The Joy of Less, by Francine Jay.
- Youth Services Best Book Recommendations: The Terrible Two, by Mac Barnett and Jory John. Other 2018 Bluestem Nominees: Stick Dog, by Tom Watson; The Wild Robot, by Peter Brown; Hilo Book 1: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth, by Judd Winick; Save Me a Seat, by Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan; and A Blind Guide to Stinkville, by Beth Vrabel.
- Bird Tales: Storytime at The Wildbird Shack
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite wild bird and why?