Library Life: June 2017
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Opera for Everyone performance by Main Street Opera.
- An interview with Where the Water Meets the Sand author and educator, Tyra Manning PhD.
- Dia de los Niños, Dia de los Libros/ Children’s Day, Book Day.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations include Spiritual Memoirs: Traveling Mercies, by Anne Lamott; The Journey Home, by Radhanath Swami; The Sound of Gravel, by Ruth Wariner; Seeking Enlightenment Hat by Hat, by Nevada Barr; and Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramahansa Yogananda. Best Book Pick within this theme: The Barn at the End of the World, by Mary Rose O’Reilley.
- Youth Services Best Book Recommendations: I am Drums, by Mike Grosso. Other books featuring music and competition: Million Dollar Throw, by Mike Lupica; Just Juice, by Karen Hesse; Rock ‘n’ Roll Rebel, by Ginger Rue; A Crooked Kind of Perfect, by Linda Urban; and Mackenzie Blue, by Tina Wells.
- Super Saturday: Urban Gateways Presents Chinese Folk & Classical Dance
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite aspect of summer and why?