Library Life: December 2016
This episode of Library Life includes:
- An explanation of the newly revised Winter Reading Program for adult, teen, and youth patrons.
- An interview with Certified Dream Builder Coach Tom Wendt, previewing his upcoming program; Conquering Procrastination on January 24.
- A peek inside the Best Children’s Books of 2016, the annual Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation program where Youth Services staff share their favorite new releases with parents, families, and teachers.
- Adult Services Staff Recommendations include books dealing with grief, healing, and unraveling secrets: The Untelling, by Tayari Jones; The Sweet Hereafter, by Russell Banks; In a Dark, Dark Wood, by Ruth Ware; My Sunshine Away, by M.O. Walsh; and In the Wake, by Per Petterson. Best Book Pick within this theme: Did You Ever Have a Family, by Bill Clegg.
- Youth Services Best Book Recommendations: The Land of Stories, by Chris Colfer. Other altered magical fairy tales include: Into the Wild, by Sarah Beth Durst; Ever After High: The Storybox of Legends, by Shannon Hale; Grounded, by Megan Morrison; Rump, by Liesl Shurtliff; and Half Upon a Time, by James Riley.
- A front row seat to Super Saturday: Marilyn Price’s Wonder-filled Whirl of Puppets, an energetic performance with educational and entertaining stories where children in the audience become part of the show.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite novel of all time and why?