Prefer to use a paper reading log? No problem - pick one up at the library or download and print from our website. We have logs for youth, teens, and adults in English and Spanish.
We will notify prize-winners after August 15.
Questions? We are here for you. Stop by the library or call 847-253-5675.
Thanks to the Friends of the Library for their generous sponsorship.
Reading Colors Your World: Adult Summer Reading 2021
On Beanstack! - Beanstack is software that brings Reading Programs directly to you online. If you participated in either Summer Reading 2020 or Winter Reading 2021, then they have a Beanstack account already.
During Adult Summer Reading, choose for yourself how you will participate: color your world with books of your choosing and/or opt for reading challenges to brighten your reading horizons.
For every book read or activity badge completed, earn a grand prize drawing ticket.
- Choose books to read, including graphic novels, young adult books, nonfiction, fiction, Playaways, audiobooks, e-books, and e-audio.
- Pick and choose activity and reading challenges to complete. Go in any order you like.
- Complete a category (or badge) and earn a drawing ticket for the grand prize drawing.
- Complete four categories and earn a book-themed tote or a treat while supplies last.
Stop by the Fiction/AV/Teen desk on the second floor or South Branch to pick up your choice of a treat.
- We will notify prize winners after August 15, 2021.
Questions? Send us an email us at email@example.com or call at 847-253-5675 (South Branch 847-590-4090) for personalized reading recommendations,
challenge suggestions, or help finding books online.
Taste of Southside Mount Prospect - Gift cards to La Michoacana, Los Compadres, Cho Dang Tofu, and Rosati's
- Mariano's Gift Card
- Central Continental Bakery and Starbucks Gift Cards
- Color Your World Bundle - 72 count Sharpies pack and a Paint Pour Kit
- Target Gift Card
Earn rewards along the way too! You’ll be notified in Beanstack when you are eligible and may come claim either at Fiction-AV-Teen Services or at the South Branch.
- After logging one book - earn a small treat!
- After completing any 4 badges - earn a Bookish Tote or a Treat
Not Yet Registed in Beanstack? It's Easy!
- Follow the prompts at the top of this page.
- When asked to enter a grade level, scroll to the bottom of the list to select Adult.
Prefer not to participate online? Contact the Fiction-AV-Teen Services desk by calling (847)590-4070 for other options. To request a paper log in Spanish, call 847/590-4090 para español.
For personalized reading recommendations, challenge category suggestions, or help finding books online, ask HERE.
For Grades 6 – 12
Are you Team Corgi or Team Dragon?
Read to earn prizes and bring your team to victory! Sign up to track your reading and earn fun digital badges!
Every book read earns an entry into weekly drawings, a grand prize drawing ticket, and a point for your team.
Earn a free book that you keep after completing any four badges!
- Choose books to read, including graphic novels, nonfiction, fiction, Playaways®, audiobooks, e-books, and e-audio.
- Pick and choose activity and reading challenge badges to complete. Go in any order you like.
- Complete a badge and earn a drawing ticket for the grand prize drawing. Complete as many badges for tickets as you can!
- Complete four badges and earn a free book to keep.
- We will notify prize winners after August 15, 2021.
For grades 5 and younger.
- Add color to your world this summer with summer reading! Read whatever you want to earn chances to win prizes, like a Nintendo Switch Lite!
- Count the days you read or when someone reads to you. Once you read for 30 days, you will earn a prize drawing entry and a free book.
- Keep reading to the end of the program and earn extra entries for the prize drawings.
- It’s easy to start! Pick up or download a reading log to track your reading or use the Beanstack app or website (mppl.beanstack.org). Be sure to visit the Main Library or South Branch to check in for prizes.
- New this summer, kids can help us reach our community goal to read for 30,000 days. Each day you read helps us reach our goal!
Read at least 30 days to receive a free book and a ticket for the Grand Prize drawing. Choose one of these four prizes to be entered for a chance to win!
- “Switch” It Up: Nintendo Switch Lite + game
- It’s a Colorful Life: Baby/toddler toys and books + gift card to Emerson’s
- Maker Madness: Build and create with Tie dye kit, Terrarium kit, LEGOs and more.
- World Explorer: Games and treats from around the world.
What Colors Your World?
Read, discover, and create things that color your world. Feel free to complete the activities as listed, tailor them to your family, or come up with your own ways to explore the themes. Grown-ups can help even the littlest readers participate. For more activities and inspiration, visit the Kids at Home blog and the Reading Recommendations page.
Let’s discover together! Share photos of your creations and experiences on our Summer Reading Padlet board.
- My Favorite Things: What is your favorite thing to do? Share it with a friend or family member.
- My Family: Ask a family member to share with you one of their favorite books from when they were your age.
- Food: Try a food from a different culture. Order from a restaurant or try a recipe with a cookbook from the library. What did you try? Did you like it?
- Nature: Go on a walk in a special outdoor spot, like the beach, park, or woods. See how many different colors you can find in nature.
- Community: Explore Mount Prospect with a walking tour-- downtown story walk, Historical Society, or one of the many parks in the Village.
- The Arts: Make a scene from a book come to life by writing, illustrating, making music, or acting it out. Get creative!
- Myself: Create a self-portrait and hang it on your fridge or in the window.
New to Beanstack?
These resources will help you get started with Beanstack. Create a Beanstack account and track your progress online or with the app!
Creating an account in the app
Creating an account online
More How-to Videos for the Mobile App
Desafío de lectura de verano: Leer le da color a tu mundo
Del 1 de junio al 15 de agosto
Participe usando Beanstack:
- Paso 1: Cree o acceda a su cuenta de Beanstack utilizando el sitio web o la aplicación. Agregue los lectores adicionales de su hogar.
- Paso 2: Elija el Desafío de lectura de verano 2021.
- Paso 3: Lea: cuanto más lea, más posibilidades tendrá de ganar premios. Elija cualquier género o formato para leer y ser contado para el desafío: ficción, no ficción, novela gráfica, libro electrónico, audiolibro o audio electrónico.
- Paso 4: Realice un seguimiento de su progreso durante el verano y gane insignias digitales. Ingrese boletos virtuales como oportunidades para los grandes premios al final del desafío.
¿Prefiere utilizar un registro de lectura en papel? No hay problema: consiga uno en la biblioteca o descárguelo e imprímalo aquí:
Notificaremos a los ganadores de los premios después del 15 de agosto.
Notificaremos a los ganadores de premios después del 15 de agosto.
Para obtener más información, pase por la biblioteca o llame al 847-253-5675 (Extensión del Sur 847-590-4090).