In turbulent times, we realize it can be helpful to use literature as a way to discuss and explain difficult situations with your children. MPPL Youth Services staff have curated a collection of books and resources to assist you as you discuss events with the youngest members of your family.
- The Undefeated e-book
- Trombone Shorty e-book, movie, and read-along
- Crown movie and e-book
- The Day You Begin e-book and e-audiobook
- Schomburg read-along, movie, and e-audiobook
- My Hair is a Garden e-book
- The Fierce 44, e-book and e-audio
Books @ MPPL
Anti-racist Books for Families
Anti-racist Books for Pre-K-K
Anti-racist Books for grades 2-4
Anti-racist Books for Tweens (4th-6th grade)
You can place holds on these items for parking lot pick up, or many of them are also available from Hoopla, Overdrive/Libby, and RBdigital.
These resources have been vetted by library staff, however, since they are outside sites, we are not responsible for the content.