Library Card Information
Library cards are free to anyone who resides within the Village limits of Mount Prospect. To obtain a card, bring in two (2) forms of identification, at least one of which shows your current name and address, to the Registration Desk. The library reserves the right to ask for additional identification. Cards for children under 18 years of age must be countersigned by a parent or legal guardian with proof of guardianship before receiving a card.
Forgot your card? The Circulation staff will check out ten items to Registered cardholders with a current Illinois driver’s license or I.D. card.
Identification for Library Card
- Illinois driver’s license or state I.D. with current Mount Prospect address
- Checks imprinted with current Mount Prospect address
- Illinois voter’s registration
- Current utility bill—within the last two months
- Lease or mortgage papers
- Apartment or condominium I.D. The property must be within the village limits of Mount Prospect and have the complex name on the I.D.
- Vehicle sticker renewal form—printed with a current Mount Prospect address. This form cannot be handwritten
- Payroll check with a current date
- Homeowner’s insurance papers with a current date
- Illinois driver’s permit—must be issued by the Secretary of State, not handwritten
Library cards may be purchased by individuals or families living in an area that is not taxed for public library service by Mount Prospect. The cost of this card is based on the amount of taxes paid by residents. For more information, contact the Registration Desk. Nonresidents must purchase their card at the public library that is within their high school district. Beginning July 1, 2002, Mount Prospect nonresident and business library cards can be used at libraries which participate in the nonresident reciprocal borrowing program. If you have questions, please contact the Registration Desk at 847/253-5675.