1. Adopt! When you are looking for a pet visit shelters and pet rescue organizations whenever possible. Some rescue organizations will often set up shop in pet stores on certain days.
2. Spay or neuter your dog or cat. Take an active role in helping control the pet population.
3. Buy pet food that is all natural or organic.
4. Purchase toys and other pet products that are made with natural, organic or recycled products. These are available at major pet store chains.
5. Think of the things you look for when buying green products for yourself and apply them when purchasing for your pet. Try and buy products closer to home, things that require less manpower to make and don't need to be replaced as often.
More info at funtimesguide
Here's a few related websites with green pet info: