Never stop learning. Whether you’re looking for college-level, professional development, or personal enrichment courses, Mount Prospect now offers hundreds of online courses that are accessible anywhere online, 24/7. Gale Courses offer well-crafted lessons, expert online instruction, and interaction with fellow students.
Gale Courses offers access to online learning courses that are available anytime, anywhere, any place. Other benefits include:
- Courses are free for all patrons interested in any discipline
- Gale Courses is easy to use; you use your library account to sign up and log in
- With six-week courses, you can join programs year-round
Gain valuable knowledge you can immediately apply to your life or on the job. There’s definitely something for everyone:
Career & Professional Development: Many courses are tied to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ fastest-growing occupations. Examples include: Accounting, Resume Writing, Business and Management, Grant Writing and Nonprofit, Real Estate, Healthcare, and Sales and Marketing.
- Computers & Technology: Courses cover all skill levels from beginner to advanced, even focusing on specific software applications. Examples include: Introduction to the Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management, Graphic and Multimedia Design, and The Internet.
- Personal Enrichment: A wide array of courses truly offers the opportunity to transform lives, whether related to hobbies, education, or life resources. Examples include: Children, Parents, & Family, Digital Photography, Health &Wellness, and Test Prep.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can benefit from this great resource. Or visit https://mppl.org/webresources/gale-courses/ to get started.
Dictionaries are for more than just spelling. They give you meanings of words, break them down into syllables, explain how to pronounce them, show the words’ origins, tell you how to make a word past tense or how to change a noun into an adjective. And that’s just the start.
Mount Prospect Public Library subscribes to one of the greatest dictionary projects in the history of civilization (no exaggeration), The Oxford English Language. Different than Webster’s, the OED is a project designed to document all of the English language. There are over 171,000 words defined with over 2,400,000 quotations for English literature and other documents. This last year, the online project has begun to add audio examples in both standard American pronunciation and British pronunciation.
ReferenceUSA provides fast online access to critical reference and research information. This quality data can help you:
- Search for jobs by skills, location and industry
- Find Business opportunities
- Research executives and companies worldwide
- Track down addresses and phone numbers
- Locate out of town companies
if you were familiar with the convoluted method of searching the Consumer Reports databases through MasterFILE, you will be relieved to hear those days are over. Consumer Reports is now easier to search through Article Finder. We have set up a special link to help you. Click here – Consumer Reports – and put whatever items you need reviews for in the box, then hit enter. You’ll find it’s an easy and modern search!
The Library now subscribes to the excellent and authoritative Encyclopedia Britannica’s online presence, Britannica Library. Explore thousands of topics in science, social studies, language arts, and mathematics for school projects, review concepts taught in the classroom, or learn something new. Very impressive are the more than 90,000 images, videos, and audio clips. There are 3 levels – children’s, teen, and adult – with great information for everyone. It would be easy to spend an afternoon or evening exploring here.