This week MPPL rolled out a number of new web resources from Gale.
- Gale General OneFile is an article database. You can search it directly here, or search it with our other article databases in Article Finder.
- Gale Business Insights: Global is designed for professionals, entrepreneurs, students, and general researchers, delivering comprehensive international business intelligence, compiled into a logical, usable context.
- Gale Small Business Resource Center covers all major areas of starting and operating a business: financing, management, marketing, human resources, franchising, accounting, taxes and more. Startups, established businesses, and business students alike can find answers from its mobile responsive experience.
Access ConsumerReports.org free through our website with your Library card and PIN because they have just released their 2016 gift guide. Find the best gadgets for the chef in your life. Find out why you should buy an organic turkey this festive season. Discover how to be a winner on Black Friday. There are many articles, some with intriguing titles such as “Nothing Says You Care Like a Home Blood Pressure Monitor” and “Why Tires Go Flat in Winter.” Lots of interesting stuff!
Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) contains a large variety of reference books available for reading online. One of the subjects we have is fashion. You can look through the complete range of titles for adults here: Gale Virtual Reference Library Primary Research.
Some individual titles are Clothing and Fashion: American Fashion from Head to Toe, The Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion, Fashion Fads through American History: Fitting Clothes into Context, Fashion, Costume, and Culture, ed. 2: Clothing, Headwear, Body Decorations, and Footwear Through the Ages, and World Clothing and Fashion: An Encyclopedia of History, Culture, and Social Influence.
Awesome news! MPPL now subscribes to ConsumerReports.org, the official website of Consumer Reports Magazine. You can find the reviews you trust for things like mattresses, cars, and laptops, but also bacon, bedding, and pet food.
Never stop learning. Whether you’re looking for college-level, professional development, or personal enrichment courses, Mount Prospect now offers hundreds of online courses that are accessible anywhere online, 24/7. Gale Courses offer well-crafted lessons, expert online instruction, and interaction with fellow students.
Gale Courses offers access to online learning courses that are available anytime, anywhere, any place. Other benefits include:
- Courses are free for all patrons interested in any discipline
- Gale Courses is easy to use; you use your library account to sign up and log in
- With six-week courses, you can join programs year-round
Gain valuable knowledge you can immediately apply to your life or on the job. There’s definitely something for everyone:
Career & Professional Development: Many courses are tied to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ fastest-growing occupations. Examples include: Accounting, Resume Writing, Business and Management, Grant Writing and Nonprofit, Real Estate, Healthcare, and Sales and Marketing.
- Computers & Technology: Courses cover all skill levels from beginner to advanced, even focusing on specific software applications. Examples include: Introduction to the Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management, Graphic and Multimedia Design, and The Internet.
- Personal Enrichment: A wide array of courses truly offers the opportunity to transform lives, whether related to hobbies, education, or life resources. Examples include: Children, Parents, & Family, Digital Photography, Health &Wellness, and Test Prep.
Contact us at email@example.com to learn how you can benefit from this great resource. Or visit http://mppl.org/webresources/gale-courses/ to get started.