Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) contains a large variety of reference books available for reading online. One of the subjects we have is fashion. You can look through the complete range of titles for adults here: Gale Virtual Reference Library Primary Research.
Some individual titles are Clothing and Fashion: American Fashion from Head to Toe, The Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion, Fashion Fads through American History: Fitting Clothes into Context, Fashion, Costume, and Culture, ed. 2: Clothing, Headwear, Body Decorations, and Footwear Through the Ages, and World Clothing and Fashion: An Encyclopedia of History, Culture, and Social Influence.
Awesome news! MPPL now subscribes to ConsumerReports.org, the official website of Consumer Reports Magazine. You can find the reviews you trust for things like mattresses, cars, and laptops, but also bacon, bedding, and pet food.
Never stop learning. Whether you’re looking for college-level, professional development, or personal enrichment courses, Mount Prospect now offers hundreds of online courses that are accessible anywhere online, 24/7. Gale Courses offer well-crafted lessons, expert online instruction, and interaction with fellow students.
Gale Courses offers access to online learning courses that are available anytime, anywhere, any place. Other benefits include:
- Courses are free for all patrons interested in any discipline
- Gale Courses is easy to use; you use your library account to sign up and log in
- With six-week courses, you can join programs year-round
Gain valuable knowledge you can immediately apply to your life or on the job. There’s definitely something for everyone:
Career & Professional Development: Many courses are tied to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ fastest-growing occupations. Examples include: Accounting, Resume Writing, Business and Management, Grant Writing and Nonprofit, Real Estate, Healthcare, and Sales and Marketing.
- Computers & Technology: Courses cover all skill levels from beginner to advanced, even focusing on specific software applications. Examples include: Introduction to the Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management, Graphic and Multimedia Design, and The Internet.
- Personal Enrichment: A wide array of courses truly offers the opportunity to transform lives, whether related to hobbies, education, or life resources. Examples include: Children, Parents, & Family, Digital Photography, Health &Wellness, and Test Prep.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can benefit from this great resource. Or visit http://mppl.org/webresources/gale-courses/ to get started.
Dictionaries are for more than just spelling. They give you meanings of words, break them down into syllables, explain how to pronounce them, show the words’ origins, tell you how to make a word past tense or how to change a noun into an adjective. And that’s just the start.
Mount Prospect Public Library subscribes to one of the greatest dictionary projects in the history of civilization (no exaggeration), The Oxford English Language. Different than Webster’s, the OED is a project designed to document all of the English language. There are over 171,000 words defined with over 2,400,000 quotations for English literature and other documents. This last year, the online project has begun to add audio examples in both standard American pronunciation and British pronunciation.
ReferenceUSA provides fast online access to critical reference and research information. This quality data can help you:
- Search for jobs by skills, location and industry
- Find Business opportunities
- Research executives and companies worldwide
- Track down addresses and phone numbers
- Locate out of town companies