Our Lynda.com service has been upgraded to a new platform with twice the amount of courses in six new languages. You can find it on our web resources page with a new name, LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com).
News from the Reference Desk Category: Web Resources
I am happy to announce that Mount Prospect Public Library now offers to its patrons a new genealogy resource. HeritageHub provides access to hundreds of years of obituaries and death notices from thousands of newspapers across the United States. This one-of-a-kind collection helps patrons and family historians uncover new family members and understand family relationships on a deeper level than ever before. HeritageHub feature comprehensive coverage from all 50 U.S. states and territories, original obituary images from historical newspapers, hard-to-find digitized content from mid-to-late 1900s, and new records added daily.
Mount Prospect Public Library card holders now have free access to Gale Presents: Udemy, an online learning platform that connects patrons to video-based courses taught by leading experts in business, technology, and more. Users can explore thousands of continuously updated, on-demand video courses that match their professional goals and personal interests.
Gale Presents: Udemy, from Gale, a Cengage Company, offers a unique, tailor-made learning experience for adults who want to upskill for a new job or advance in their current profession. This top collection, powered by Udemy for Business, helps learners get where they want to be personally and professionally.
Gale Presents: Udemy includes:
- A wide selection of course topics with high-quality, in-demand content
- Courses that are added and removed weekly, as new skills and demands emerge in each field
- An opportunity to learn from world-class instructors working and making advancements in their fields
- Anytime, anywhere access, allowing users to download classes off-line and listen via podcast-style audio or on Chromecast or Apple TV
- A tailor-made learning experience based on skill needs and learning preferences
- Video lectures, most of which offer subtitles and/or transcripts to support a variety of learning styles
- Supplemental course content, such as assignments, quizzes, practice tests, and more
- A certificate of completion, available for download when a course is finished
Major course categories include cloud computing, data science, design, development, finance and accounting, human resources, IT operations, leadership and management, marketing, office productivity, personal development, project management and operations, and sales.
To meet the needs of curious learners, Mount Prospect Public Library now subscribes to Science Reference Center which contains full text articles from hundreds of science magazines, journals, reference books and a vast collection of images.
- More than 210 full-text science periodicals
- More than 770 full-text science reference books
- More than a dozen full-text science encyclopedias
- More than 810 full-text science essays
- More than 4,000 full-text, full-length biographies of scientists
- More than 300,000 high-quality images, including stunning images of landscapes, plants, animals, rock formations, fungi and more
- Dozens of science animations
- More than 580 science videos
- Lesson plans
Gale LegalForms provides professionally written legal documents used by attorneys and law firms. You’ll find downloadable forms covering real estate, wills, power of attorney, bankruptcy, small business—practically any area of law—alongside helpful tools like a Law Digest and Attorney Directory. Take charge of your legal affairs with Gale LegalForms.
Browse Legal Definitions alphabetically, or search to build a better understanding of terms you may encounter within forms.
• Link to federal and state Tax Forms.
• Use the Attorney Directory to quickly identify attorneys offering services within particular states and practice areas.
• Build your knowledge of key cases, laws, and concepts by browsing or searching the Law Digest.
• Click Legal Q&A question categories to view sample inquiries and attorney responses from across the country.
• Explore LegalLife Articles to find a straightforward explanation of legal matters surrounding common life events.