Need More Time to File Your Taxes?

Well, you already taxthave a few extra days to work on your tax returns.  Instead of being due on April 15, the tax deadline this year is Monday, April 18.

Still need more time? It’s fairly easy to get a tax extension.  While this gives you more time to file, it does not give you extra time to pay. To get the extension, taxpayers must estimate their tax payment and pay any amount due.

The IRS says the fastest and easiest option is through its “Free File” link on the website Complete Form 4868 and you will have until Oct. 17 to file a return. Anyone, regardless of income, can use this option.

You can also print off a paper version by clicking here and mail it in.