From Mailbox Magazine Oct/Nov 2004
Construction paper in fall colors (for tracing hands/feathers)
Headband- brown construction paper (about 2” x 24”)
Legs- light brown construction paper (1” x 12”)
Glue, glue stick
2. Glue the head in the middle of the brown headband.
3. Glue the wattle on the head as shown. Fold the beak in half and glue on top of the wattle.
4. Glue google eyes to the head.
5. Accordion fold the light brown paper strips to make the legs.
6. Glue a foot onto the end of each of the legs, and then glue the legs to each side of the head.
7. Measure the band around child’s head and staple together to fit.
8. Trace child’s hand on 2 different colors of construction paper and cut out.
9. Staple the hands to the back of the headband for the feathers.