- Large sheet of orange construction paper, (Cut into 1-inch strips)
- Green paper
- Leaf pattern
- Hole punch
- 1. Cut 3 strips from the orange paper to 1 x 14 inches.
- 2. Hold the strips in a stack. Punch 1 hole directly in the center of the stack. Then punch holes about ½ inch from each end.
- 3. Put a brad through the middle hole and separate the ends to fasten it.
- 4. Trace the leaf pattern on green paper and cut it out.
- 5. Cut 2 thin green strips of paper and curl them around a pencil.
- 6. Punch holes in one end of each green strip and through the stem area of the leaf. Put a brad through all of them, but do not fasten it.
7. Take the stack of orange strips and put the round part of the brad face up. Bring up the ends of the strips and put the brad with the leaf through the holes and fasten it.
8. Separate the strips to form a pumpkin shape. (Set your pumpkin on the table and push down on the top to squish it a little; this will help it to stand up straight.)