- Review and edit your content before posting.
- Content should be current and accurate.
- If you make a mistake, admit it and correct it promptly.
- Copyright laws must be followed.
- All postings will be anonymous. Do not include identifying information.
- Do not engage in personal attacks, offensive language, or inappropriate comments. The Library reserves the right to edit or delete inappropriate comments.
- Stay on topic and use language that is clear and easy to understand.
- Do not solicit for goods and services.
- Spam is not allowed.
- When posting information from other people, sites, and sources, always be sure you have received prior permission when required, and cite your sources.
- The Library may use an IP address to block abusive users of public forums.
- Any content or information that is disclosed in a blog or similar public forum, or included in an online display hosted by the Library becomes public information and a patron should therefore, exercise caution when deciding to disclose content or personal information in such places. For patron protection, Library staff will make an attempt to monitor public forums and modify posts to remove individually identifiable information, but cannot guarantee such modifications. When provided, first names will be used to identify patrons.
The Mount Prospect Public Library is not responsible for the content of posted comments. All opinions are those of the poster and not necessarily those of the Library.