Warm Chocolate Ambrosia
- 1 C Butter, unsalted
- 1 C Chocolate, bittersweet
- 1 3/4 C Powder sugar, sifted
- 4 Egg yolks
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 C Cake flour, sifted
- 8 4oz aluminum cups or tins, buttered and sugared
- 1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- 2. Combine the chocolate and butter in a large bowl and melt over a double boiler.
- 3. Place chocolate in mixer with whisk attachment, keep warm.
- 4. Combine yolks and eggs in a bowl, warm them to touch over double boiler. Remove from heat.
- 5. Slowly add powdered sugar to the mixer with the chocolate on low speed. Add warm egg mixture and finally add the cake flour. Mix until combined.
- 6. Pour into sugared molds 3/4 full. Place in oven for 8-10 minutes or just until set. Remove from oven.
- 7. When cooled, unmold in the center of the plate. Garnish with fresh fruit and caramel sauce. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve.
Bittersweet Chocolate & Caramel Essence
- 1 k Sugar
- 750 g Cream
- 750 g Bittersweet chocolate
- 1. Caramelize sugar.
- 2. Pour cream over caramelized sugar and whisk together until boiling.
- 3. Remove cream mixture from heat and pour over chocolate. Whisk until smooth and strain. Cool down the essence before serving.