Citrus Pot au Crème
Yield: 6 8oz Ramekins
- The zest of 2 Lemons, an orange, and 2 Limes
- 1/2 C Lemon juice (4pc)
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 6 Egg yolks (large)
- 1/2 C Heavy whipping cream, boiled
- Raspberries or cherries (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 300⁰F.
- 2. Whisk lemon juice and sugar together.
- 3. Bring cream to a boil and with the zests. Temper hot mixture into the yolks whisking constantly, then add to juice and sugar mix.
- 4. If using fruit place them into oven proof ramekins, then place on sheet pan, pour hot mixture on top until just about full. Place in oven and make water bath. Bake until set (30-40 minutes).
- 5. Allow to cool. Then sprinkle with powdered sugar, fresh fruit, & mint. Serve.