Blueberry Barbecue Sauce
This is a great sauce to use on the grill on or in the oven. Very good on Pork tenderloin, ribs, and chicken.
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 pints (5 to 6 cups) blueberries
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 one-pound pork tenderloins
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 45 minutes.
Cool or use immediately. If not using immediately, freeze in proper container.