Bittersweet Chocolate Macaroons with Raspberry Preserves
Yield: 40-48 filled macaroons
- 2 C Almond Flour, sifted
- 3 C Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1/4 C Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 1/4 C Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 C Egg Whites, room temperature (3-4 eggs)
- 1 C Raspberry or Strawberry Preserves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- 2. Combine almond flour, powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Make sure it is sifted.
- 3. Beat the egg whites in a mixer and whip until soft and foamy. While beating, slowly add granulated sugar (a tablespoon at a time). Increase mixer speed slightly, and whip until the peaks stiffen.
- 4. Sift the dry mixture into the egg mixture, then gently fold together until combined.
- 5. Place in piping bag, then pipe 3.5-centimeter (1.5 inch) circles onto parchment paper. After circles are piped, allow to set for 5-10 minutes to form a “skin.”
- 6. Place in oven for 8-10 minutes or until baked. Remove quickly and allow to cool.
- 7. When cooled, take one circle, add preserves and top with another circle to make a “sandwich.” Dust with powdered sugar and serve.