Use the Library from your mobile device with these free apps. Access the library catalog, e-books, and online resources.
Learn software, technology, creative, and business skills through video tutorials.
To access the Library subscription, select the “Organization” tab, then locate “Web Portal” and enter our url, mppl.org, and tap the login button. A browser screen will open to your Lynda Library login page. Log in as usual with Library Card Number and PIN. Once these are confirmed you will be passed back to the App to watch the videos.
Download e-books and audiobooks from your library directly to your device. OverDrive Media Console gives you on-the-go access to e-books and audiobooks from your public, school, or college library. More than 18,000 libraries worldwide offer best-selling and classic titles via OverDrive, so use the ‘Get Books’ feature in the app to find a library near you.
Hoopla Digital Media
Enjoy free movies, music, eBooks, and audiobooks from Hoopla on your mobile device or computer with your Mount Prospect Public Library card. Users get up to 8 free checkouts per month. A MPPL card in good standing is required to register.
Access exclusive Recorded Books digital audiobook titles anytime on your mobile device, always available with unlimited checkouts. Please register first with your MPPL card starting here. This service also includes access to digital magazines.
BookMyne ™ makes it quick and easy to access your local library on the go! Search your library’s catalog, download items, manage your account, and find suggested reading instantly with your device.
Rosetta Stone Library Edition
Start your interactive language-learning journey today with the online Rosetta Stone® Library Solution, available in 30 languages.
To authenticate the Rosetta Stone app:
- Install the Rosetta Stone app from the iOS App Store on Google Play on your mobile device.
- On your device’s mobile browser, go to http://search.ebscohost.com and log in with your institution’s EBSCO credentials.
- Click Rosetta Stone Library Solution from the list of products on the Select Service screen.
- Enter your email address and password on the EBSCO/Rosetta Stone landing page. If you are a first time user, create an account on this screen.
- After authenticating beyond the landing page, click on Launch Rosetta Stone. If the app has already been installed, it is launched on your device. If the app has not yet been installed, you are directed to download Rosetta Stone from the app store for your device.
- As a Library patron, you will always enter the app through our website.
Mango Languages Library Edition
Get free access to more than 34 foreign language courses and 14 English as a second language courses through your local library account. Mango makes learning a new language fast, easy, and incredibly effective.
There’s deep knowledge nearby – knowledge for life and learning – when you locate and unlock the rich, relevant resources of your public library. By Gale, part of Cengage Learning.
Tutor.com To Go™
Tutor.com To Go™ for iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch is the free mobile companion for Tutor.com. Connect to live one-to-one help, review past sessions, or store documents or photos in your Tutor.com Locker.
To use the app, you will need to first create a free Tutor.com account on our website. You will need your Library card number to create an account.
Print from your smartphone or tablet at the Mount Prospect Public Library
Access your school or library’s TumbleBookLibrary subscription from your Android device with the new TumbleBooks app!
TumbleBookLibrary subscribers can download and install the app on all of their devices! With a single sign-on per device, they’ll be signed in for months! All you need is a device and an internet connection.