Digital Media Guide
You can borrow from a wide collection of e-books and other digital media with your Mount Prospect Public Library card. All you need to get started is a MPPL Library card in good standing, a PIN, and in some cases, an e-mail address for account creation.
|Comics||iOS APP||Android APP||eReaders||Other Apps|
|Overdrive/Libby||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Kindle Fire, Nook, Mac|
Windows:8,RT,10, Windows Phone
|Hoopla||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Kindle Fire, Web Browsers|
|Kanopy||✓||✓||✓||ROKU, Samsung TV, Apple TV|
Chromecast, Fire TV, Web Browsers
Effective 2/1/2021, RBDigital magazines will no longer be available through the RBDigital app. These magazines will be available through the Libby and/or OverDrive apps.
Overdrive provides a large collection of downloadable e-Books, audiobooks, and magazines, along with a mobile app called Libby for enjoying both. Borrow up to 5 items at a time and place holds for unavailable items.
- Download Overdrive titles to a broad range of devices. Some audiobooks and e-books are also available to stream through your browser.
- Find Overdrive titles in our online catalog, at https://dlil.overdrive.com, or in the Libby app.
- Are you a kid or a teen? Overdrive has a site just for you!
- Download the Libby app for your device from Overdrive or start searching for items to borrow at https://dlil.overdrive.com.
- Log in with your library barcode and PIN number to borrow titles.
- The quickest way to resolve most problems is with Overdrive’s self-help website.
- Still stuck? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any problems you can’t solve on your own.
Hoopla offers a broad selection of streaming and downloadable media in your browser or through the Hoopla App for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. Borrow up to 10 items per calendar month without needing to put anything on hold.
- Stream or temporarily download content onto your iOS or Android device for on-the-go enjoyment.
- Find Hoopla content at hoopladigital.com, or on the Hoopla app.
- Use your library card number, PIN and email address to create an account in the app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire.
- You can also sign up at hoopladigital.com
- Take a look at Hoopla’s support site for solutions to most common problems.
- Still stuck? Get in touch at email@example.com
PressReader gives you access to the latest issues of nearly 7,000 magazines and newspapers.
- Read on your smartphone or tablet with the PressReader App for iOS or Android, or on your computer with your web browser.
- You can subscribe to titles to have them delivered directly to your mobile device.
- Use your Library card number, PIN, and e-mail address to create an account in the app for iOS or Android.
- Instructions for signing into the app.
- Browse PressReader guides https://care.pressreader.com/hc/en-us/articles/218051783-How-to-guides
- Still stuck? Get in touch with us at mppl.org/research/ask-a-librarian
Kanopy gives you free access to thousands of movies with your library card.
- Stream for free on your computer, or on your tablet or mobile device using the iOS or Android app.
- Enjoy critically-acclaimed movies, inspiring documentaries, award-winning foreign films and more.
- Check out Kanopy for Kids!
- Use your Library card number and PIN to log in on a computer or the iOS or Android app.
- Users get up to 10 checkouts per month. A MPPL card in good standing is required to register.
- Take a look at Kanopy’s support site for solutions to most common problems.
- Still stuck? Get in touch with Kanopy Support.