You can read full-color, cover-to-cover issues, such as Newsweek, National Geographic, Martha Stewart Living, and Car and Driver, anytime on your computer, tablet or phone with your MPPL card. Select as many titles and issues in the MPPL collection as you want and keep them as long as you like.
You will set up two accounts, a Library account and a Personal Zinio account.
1. Enter your Library card number and PIN above on the right, click Submit, then Click Here to access Zinio.
2. Create your Library account to access MPPL’s Zinio collection by clicking Create New Account. Enter your name, email address, and a password of your choice. Then click Create Account. You are now logged in.
3. Select a magazine from the Library’s collection and click Checkout Now.
4. Your magazine is now checked out to you. Click Keep Browsing to select additional magazines.
5. When you have checked your final selection, click Start Reading to go to Zinio and set up your Personal Zinio account.
6. Click Create a Zinio Account. We recommend you use the same email and password for this account you used in Step 2. To limit emails from Zinio, uncheck “Send me email updates about feature…”
7. After logging into Zinio,the magazine you checked out will appear in Your Reading List. Click on the title to read in your web browser.
8. You may also download a free Zinio app to your smart phone, tablet or PC/Mac. Once installed, log into the app with your personal Zinio account to read the magazines you checked out. Future check outs will automatically appear in your app.
- Why do I need two accounts? more info »
The Library account is for accessing MPPL’s magazine subscriptions. The Personal Zinio account is for accessing Zinio to read the magazines.
- Can I be charged for magazines in Zinio? more info »
All the magazines MPPL subscribes to are free for MPPL cardholders. You will never be asked to pay for a magazine the Library subscribes to if you access it through the Library’s page. Please note: Zinio is a commercial site and you may choose to purchase additional magazines directly from Zinio.
- How many magazines can I select at a time? When are my magazine issues due? more info »
Select as many issues as you like! There’s no limit. Plus, there are no due dates.
- Can I check out older issues of magazines? more info »
Yes, limited older issues are available for most magazines to which the Library subscribes. Click Back Issues Available and select the older issue you want for check out.
- Will I automatically receive new issues of the magazines I select? more info »
No, to select new issues, you must return to the Library’s page at www.mppl.org/zinio and sign in to add the newest issues. You may choose to have Zinio send you email notifications when new issues are available.
- Can I select library magazines from the app? more info »
No, apps are readers only. You must always select your magazines from the Library’s page (www.mppl.org/zinio) in your web browser. Once checked out the issue will automatically be available in your app for reading.
- If I already have my own Zinio account, can I use it to access MPPL’s subscriptions as well? more info »
Yes, but you still need to set up a Library account to access the free titles. We recommend using the same email address and password you used for your Personal Zinio account.
- I’m having problems using Zinio on my Kindle Fire. What should I do? more info »
Zinio provides instructions for reading magazines on your Kindle Fire. http://imgs.zinio.com/faq/kindlefire.html
- I am seeing this error message: Unable to complete download. more info »
Zinio is aware of this bug. We recommend trying to access the magazine again later.
- Can I suggest a magazine title for Zinio? more info »
Yes, we welcome your suggestions. You may suggest a title at http://mppl.org/services/suggest-a-purchase or at one of the desks on the second floor. Please note: Not all magazines in Zinio are available to libraries.