You can read full-color, cover-to-cover issues, such as Newsweek, National Geographic, Martha Stewart Living, and Car and Driver, anytime on your computer, tablet or phone with your MPPL card. Select as many titles and issues in the MPPL collection as you want and keep them as long as you like.
1. Enter your Library card number and PIN above on the right, click Submit, then Click Here to access Zinio.
2. Create your Zinio for Libraries account to access MPPL’s magazine collection by clicking Create New Account. Enter your name, email address, and a password of your choice. Then click Create Account. You are now logged in.
3. Select a magazine from the Library’s collection and click Checkout or the Checkout icon
4. Your magazine is now checked out to you. Click Keep Browsing to select additional magazines, or click Start Reading to begin streaming your magazine in a new tab.
5. You may also download a free Zinio for Libraries app to your Android Tablet/Smartphone or iPad. Once installed, log into the app with your Zinio for Libraries account to read the magazines you checked out. Future check outs will automatically appear in your app.
7. Click My Collection to see the magazines you have checked out.
- Can I still use my old Zinio app and Zinio account to access and read magazines I’ve checked out? more info »
Yes, if you have already created a Zinio account and use the “old” Zinio commercial app, you may use both to access and read magazines.
- Are there apps for iPhone, Kindle Fire, or PC/Mac? more info »
Apps for these devices are not currently available for download, however they are being developed and should be available soon.
- Can I be charged for magazines in Zinio? more info »
All the magazines MPPL subscribes to are free for MPPL cardholders. You will never be asked to pay for a magazine the Library subscribes to if you access it through the Library’s page. Please note: Zinio is a commercial site and you may choose to purchase additional magazines directly from Zinio.
- How many magazines can I select at a time? When are my magazine issues due? more info »
Select as many issues as you like! There’s no limit. Plus, there are no due dates.
- Can I check out older issues of magazines? more info »
Yes, limited older issues are available for most magazines to which the Library subscribes. Click on the magazine cover to access Back Issues and select the older issue you want for check out.
- Will I automatically receive new issues of the magazines I select? more info »
No, to select new issues, you must return to the Library’s page at www.mppl.org/zinio and sign in to add the newest issues. You may choose to have Zinio send you email notifications when new issues are available.
- Can I select library magazines from the app? more info »
No, apps are readers only. You must always select your magazines from the Library’s page (www.mppl.org/zinio) in your web browser. Once checked out the issue will automatically be available in your app for reading.
- Can I suggest a magazine title for Zinio? more info »
Yes, we welcome your suggestions. You may suggest a title at http://mppl.org/services/suggest-a-purchase or at one of the desks on the second floor. Please note: Not all magazines in Zinio are available to libraries.