You can read full-color, cover-to-cover issues, such as Newsweek, National Geographic, Martha Stewart Living, and Car and Driver, anytime on your computer, tablet or mobile device with your MPPL card. Select as many titles and issues in the MPPL collection as you want and keep them as long as you like.
Click Here for Zinio printable directions.
To check out digital magazines go to www.mppl.org/zinio. You will set up two accounts, a Library account and a Personal Zinio account.
- Enter your Library card number and PIN, once authenticated, click Submit, then Click Here to access Zinio.
- Create your Library account to access MPPL’s Zinio collection by clicking Create New Account. Enter your name, email address, and a password of your choice. Then click Create Account. You are now logged in.
- Select a magazine from the collection to check out by browsing or searching.
- Click Complete Checkout to conﬁrm your choice.
- When you check out a magazine for the ﬁ rst time, you must also create a Personal Zinio account. Use the same email and password for this account that you used in Step 2. To limit emails from Zinio, uncheck “Yes, Send me email updates about feature…”
- After logging in to Zinio, the magazine you checked out will appear in Your Library. Click on the title to read in your web browser
- If you choose, you can also download a free Zinio app to your mobile device or PC/Mac. Go to www.mppl.org/zinio and select your device. Once installed, you can log in to the app in your personal Zinio account to read the magazines you checked out.
- Why do I need two accounts? more info »
The Library account is for accessing MPPL’s magazine subscriptions. The Personal Zinio account is for accessing Zinio to read the magazines.
- Can I be charged for magazines in Zinio? more info »
All the magazines MPPL subscribes to are free for MPPL cardholders. You will never be asked to pay for a magazine the Library subscribes to if you access it through the Library’s page. Please note: Zinio is a commercial site and you may choose to purchase additional magazines directly from Zinio.
- How many magazines can I select at a time? When are my magazine issues due? more info »
Select as many issues as you like! There’s no limit. Plus, there are no due dates.
- Which browsers work with Zinio? more info »
Internet Explorer 9/10, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Will I automatically receive new issues of the magazines I select? more info »
No, to select new issues, you must return to the Library’s page at www.mppl.org/zinio and sign in to add the newest issues. You may choose to have Zinio send you email notifications when new issues are available.
- How do I limit the number of emails I receive from Zinio? more info »
You may change the “Preferences” in your Personal Zinio account to limit the number of emails you receive.
- Can I select library magazines from the app? more info »
No, you always need to select your magazines from the Library’s page (www.mppl.org/zinio) in your web browser. Once selected the issue will automatically be available in your app for reading.
- If I already have my own Zinio account, can I use it to access MPPL’s subscriptions as well? more info »
Yes, but you still need to set up a Library account to access the free titles. We recommend using the same email address and password you used for your Personal Zinio account.
- I’m having problems using Zinio on my Kindle Fire. What should I do? more info »
Zinio provides instructions for reading magazines on your Kindle Fire. http://imgs.zinio.com/faq/kindlefire.html
- I am seeing this error message: The magazine offer or download page cannot be found… more info »
Zinio is aware of this bug. We recommend trying to access the magazine again later.
- Can I suggest a magazine title for Zinio? more info »
Yes, we welcome your suggestions. You may suggest a title at http://mppl.org/services/suggest-a-purchase or at one of the desks on the second floor. Please note: Not all magazines in Zinio are available to libraries.