- MPPL Foundation Presents: Amazing Music With the Kontomble Ensemble
- Interview with world traveler Bill Helmuth, presenter of Russia’s Great Cities: Moscow and St. Petersburg on Tuesday, October 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- Family Chess for Novices
- Youth Book Recommendation: Trouble-Maker by Andrew Clements
- Adult Book Recommendation: 97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families in One New York Tenement by Jane Ziegelman
- Super Saturday: Scales and Tails With the Frog Lady
By MPPL on September 1, 2011 Categories: Library Life
- Music of the Civil War Era
- Interview with Mary Smith, head of Youth Services at MPPL, and Denise Henderson, founder of Square One Organics, with a preview of the New Parent Expo on Saturday, September 10 from 1-3 p.m.
- Exercise for Life
- Adult Book Recommendation: Let’s Talk About Love: A Journey to the End of Taste by Carl Wilson
- Youth Book Recommendation: Nuts by Kacy Cook
- The Brothers Grimm, Bookworm Adventures
- What is your library card worth to you? Visitors to the Library weigh in.
By MPPL on August 1, 2011 Categories: Library Life
- Cheese Tasting 101
- Interview with Marsha Heuberger, professional chef and presenter of Waste Not, Want Not…Preserving Summer’s Bounty on Tuesday, August 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- Chinese Folk and Classical Dance
- Adult Book recommendation: Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
- Youth book Recommendation: Toby alone by Timothee de Fombelle
- Boogie Oogie Baby Bop
- What is your favorite summer cuisine? Visitors to the Library share their tasty tastes for summer.
By MPPL on July 1, 2011 Categories: Library Life
- Pride and Prejudice: A Live Performance by Radio Players West
- Interview with Wayne Gerdes, owner and administrator of Clean MGG.com and presenter of Hypermiling:Techniques for Fuel Efficient Driving on Tuesday, July 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Design Your Own Comic
- Adult Book Recommendation: Blood of Ambroseby James Enge
- Youth Book Recommendation: One-Handed Catchby MJ Auch
- Día de los Niños, Día de los Libros/Children’s Day, Book Day
- What is your favorite summer tradition? Why? Visitors to the Library share their summertime best.
- A Midsummer’s Knight Read
- Interview with Greg Peerbolte, executive director of the Mount Prospect Historical Society and author of Randhurst: Suburban Chicago’s Grandest Shopping Mall. Peerbolte will present The Architect Behind Randhurst Mall: Victor Gruen on Thursday, June 16 at 7 p.m.
- Snapshot Day
- Adult Book Recommendation: The Weird Sistersby Eleanor Brown
- Youth Book Recommendation: The Trader’s Gateby Avi
- LEGO Medieval Mania
- What is your favorite memory of Randhurst Mall? Visitors to the Library share their most-memorable mall moments.
By MPPL on May 1, 2011 Categories: Library Life