Library Life: September 2014
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Highlights from the Mount Prospect Public Library Foundation Concert, Mearra: Selkie From The Sea.
- An interview with world traveler, photo journalist, and travel columnist Bill Helmuth, about the Library’s annual cultural series Journey to the Far East.
- Experience Yoga: an interactive presentation given by Yoga Instructor, Stephan Nakon where attendees experienced mindful movements for all levels.
- Staff Best Book Recommendation: The First Patient by Michael Palmer. Other political thriller books include: Critical, by Robin Cook; The Judos Gate, by Jack Higgins; The Inner Circle, by Brad Meltzer; The Water’s Lovely, by Ruth Rendell; and The Lions of Lucerne by Brad Thor.
- Youth Book Recommendations include Illuminated Reads: Flora and Ulysses, by Kate DiCamillo; The Oxford Illustrated Book of American Children’s Poems, edited by Donald Hall; Castle How it Works, by David Macaulay; The Houdini Box, by Brian Selznick; and Best Book Pick, The Dinosaurs of Waterhouse Hawkins by Barbara Kerley.
- Selections from the family program Super Saturday: Animal Quest where children were delighted and educated about a variety of animals through an interactive and entertaining experience.
- Patron Interview: Where in the Far East would you most like to travel and why?