Library Life: May 2014
This episode of Library Life includes:
• Details of the Discover the Magic Summer Reading Program which encourages readers of all ages to pick up a good book this summer.
• An interview with Rhody Hausauer, Interior Decorator, about the June 24 program Trash to Treasure, simplifying the creative design solutions used to repurpose household items.
• Teen Open Creation Session: a program where teens come to the library to use their imagination creating unique and useable works of art, with Library-provided supplies.
• Staff Best Book Recommendation: Warming Up by Mary Hutchings Reed. Other pieces featuring coming of age stories include: The Shipping News, by Annie Proulx; The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie; Caramelo, by Sandra Cisneros; and the two films: Breaking Away and Big.
• Youth Book Recommendations of Magic: Goblin Secrets, by William Alexander; The Secret of Platform 13, by Eva Ibbotson; The Magic Thief, by Sarah Prineas; Dragon Rider, by Cornelia Funke; Doll Bones, by Holly Black; and Best Book Pick, Jinx by Sage Blackwood.
• Highlights from the Super Saturday event: The Rope Warrior where professional jump rope athlete and author, David Fisher returns to the Library to show how fitness can be fun with this enjoyable and creative sport.
• Patron Interview: What is your favorite recycled treasure and Why?