Library Life: March 2014
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Highlights from the February 19 Preschool Childcare Information Night program, where over 15 local childcare providers offered information on their programs to parents.
- An interview with Sarah Okner, Historian and Librarian, about the April 30 program, Afternoon Encore: Life in Japanese American Internment Camps with stories and historical facts about segregation and incarceration of Japanese Americans during World War II.
- A Love Affair With Dessert, where Culinary Arts Instructor, Chef Michael Maddox, demonstrates the preparation of mouthwatering desserts.
- Staff Best Book Recommendation: Building Stories by Chris Ware.
- Youth Book Recommendations of Space Exploration: Space Tourism, by Steve Kortnecamp, Exploring Space, by Robert Snedden, Future Transport In Space, by Steve Parker, Space Explorers, by Eva Moore, Cosmic, by Frank Cottrell Boyce and How Do You Burp In Space, by Susan E. Goodman.
- Excerpts from the Mad Scientists Club where children in grades 3 through 5 were able to learn about natural disasters and perform science experiments using different methods and equipment.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite dessert and Why?